Medical disinfection wipes are commonly used disinfection tools in medical institutions. They are mainly used to wipe and disinfect the surfaces of objects in key departments such as intensive care, treatment carts, hemodialysis machines, ventilators, and postoperative operating tables. It is similar to ordinary wet wipes. Compared with, disinfectant wipes have the advantages of low corrosiveness, low irritation, longer moisturizing time and good sterilization effect. We can also prepare some disinfectant wipes in our daily lives. Pay attention to the sterilization spectrum of wet wipes, and pay attention to humidity, material and shelf life. Let's take a look at medical disinfection wipes!
What is the function of medical disinfection wipes
1. Wipe and disinfect the surface of the bedside, bed unit and other objects in key departments such as intensive care unit ICU, neonatal ICU, burn ward, hemodialysis center, etc.
2. Wipe and disinfect the surface of the object in the treatment room of the ward.
3. Wipe and disinfect the surface of the treatment car
4. Wipe and disinfect the surface of diagnosis and treatment equipment such as hemodialysis machine and ventilator.
5. Wipe and disinfect the surface of dental chair diagnosis and treatment unit.
6. Wipe disinfection of neonatal incubator and hyperbaric oxygen chamber.
7. Inspect the supply room and wipe and disinfect the packaging work surface.
8. Wipe disinfection of the operating table, the surface of the instrument and equipment, the surrounding work surface and the surface of related objects after the operation.
9. Wipe and disinfect the surface of other general objects.
Advantages of disinfecting wipes
1. Take it and use it immediately, save manpower, and comply with the number. There is no need to spend time configuring solutions, cleaning wipes, nor removing disinfectant residues, and cleaning and disinfection is completed in one step.
2. At present, the main ingredients of commonly used disinfectant wipes are compound formulas of quaternary ammonium salts, low-concentration alcohols and biguanides. Compared with the commonly used chlorine-containing disinfectants, it has low corrosiveness, low irritation, and moisture retention time. Long (up to 10 minutes), good sterilization effect, and better compatibility with equipment.
3. The use of disinfectant wipes can prevent the occurrence of mismatching of disinfectant solution, and reduce cross-infection caused by repeated use of wipes and immersion in disinfectant during cleaning and disinfection.
What problems should be paid attention to when choosing disinfection wet wipes
1. The germicidal spectrum must be targeted. Check the relevant test report of the product. If the test result of the product shows that it can kill Staphylococcus aureus, it can only mean that the product is effective against Staphylococcus aureus, but not all Gram-positive bacteria including Staphylococcus aureus. Both are valid.
2. The humidity can reach 0.6g/cm². This means that the disinfected area of the wet wipes is relatively large.
3. Good material. The material should not only feel comfortable to the hand, but more importantly, there is no hindrance when the disinfection factor is released. If the material is poorly selected, it is easy to leave only water instead of the disinfection factor during the wiping process.
4. Pay attention to the shelf life. Generally, the shelf life of ordinary wet wipes is between 6 months and 3 years, while the shelf life of medical disinfection wipes is about 2 years. Pay attention to the shelf life of disinfection wipes. After the expiration date, there will be no sterilization.